The Linksys RE6300 setup is simple process because of its browser-based design. However, keep a few suggestions and other things in mind before beginning the setup process.
Let’s look at how to get a reliable and secure WiFi signal in the dead zone.
Requirements Linksys RE6300 Setup
Be sure you have a few necessary items before starting the Linksys extender setup. These are listed below:
- The password-protected WiFi connection.
- If connecting using the WPS technique, a WiFi router with a WPS option.
- A socket for electrical power.
- Ethernet wire that is functional.
- PC, laptop, or mobile device.
In addition to the aforementioned points, make sure that your devices have these web browsers.
- Up to Google ChromeTM 25.0.
- Using Firefox® 20 or later.
- Internet Explorer® 8.
- Safari® 5.1 or later for Mac®.
Linksys RE6300 Setup Methods
The Linksys app, WPS setup, web browser configuration, and an ethernet cable are just a few of the setup options. To connect the extender to the router, use any of these methods. Just carry out each procedure one at a time.
For your convenience, we will make it clear and simple.
Utilizing A web portal
The main step in setting up a Linksys RE6300 WiFi extender is connecting via a computer or laptop. Use any of the browsers’ search engines listed above. To proceed, go to the written instructions:
- You can change your WiFi settings by going to your device’s settings.
- Find a WiFi network that the extender is broadcasting by searching.
- Linksys Extender Setup-XXX is going to be the name of the network.
- The XXX, which stands for the MAC address, can be written in alphanumeric form.
- Join your gadget in the network.
- When the connection is complete, look for the Linksys extender login page at the URL http;//extenderlinksys.com or the IP address http;//192.168.1.1.
- The browser will then take you directly to the setup page.
- Then, after checking the box next to the agreed-upon terms, select Start Setup.
- Once you select a wireless range extender, it will look for WiFi networks in your area.
- Make that the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands are displayed.
- Insert the network password after clicking on that network.
You can successfully establish the connection by taking these actions.
By Using Ethernet cables
The next simplest method is to connect via an Ethernet cable. Connect the line’s first end to the ethernet port on the extender and its second end to the port on the laptop. Demonstrate that the cable is in functioning order. Then, perform the configuration using the web service technique.
Go Through The WPS Method
Push-button WiFi-protected setup connects your device to Linksys RE6300 setup. Connect both using this hassle-free procedure. But confirm that WPS is available on your router. To join them, read the written points:
- The power plug for the Linksys WiFi extender should be placed close to the router.
- Wait until the LED indicator changes from green to amber blinking.
- Press the WPS button on the router once the LED has stabilized.
- Within the next two minutes, push the WPS button on the extension.
- After the connection, the light indicator will turn completely green.
On A Device Running The Linksys App
Another easy method is to open the Linksys RE6300 setup smart app. The Google Play store and website allow you to download and use the Linksys application. To make the connection, follow the provided instructions:
Useful For Laptops
- Open a web browser and navigate to the Google Play website page.
- Install the Linksys app by simply searching for it on your phone.
- Open the app after installation, and the login page will show up on the screen.
- Enter the necessary information to log in and access the app service.
For Android Handsets
- Install the Google Play app on your phone.
- Next, look it up on the Linksys app and choose it.
- When the installation is complete, tap Finish.
- Once it is finished, open it and use it by entering some fundamental information.
For IOS Device
- Go to the Apple app store and type in “Linksys Smart.”
- The Linksys app will show up on the display.
- To start the app, click the “get” button.
- Fill in your Apple ID and password if prompted, then approve the installation.
- Enter some information, such as your email address or the router’s password, after the installation is complete.
- Make use of the Linksys RE6300 setup smart app, and finally.
After configuration, you can move your extender, but not farther than the allowed distance.
Some Advantages Of Linksys Smart App
Although setting up the Linksys WiFi app is a piece of cake, customers can make use of certain additional benefits using this app. These are listed below:
- You may check the devices that are linked to the Linksys RE6300 WiFi extender configuration.
- Through the app, users can approve visitor access.
- For user safety, the software will automatically block dangerous networks and web pages.
- You will have access to parental control to monitor the gadgets used by your children.
Examine The Speed of Linksys RE6300 Setup
After setup, it can be a good idea to check the network speed. This will make it easier to evaluate how the Linksys RE6300 WiFi extender system is set up. Use any quickest and most cost-effective and cost-free speed tests run through whichever speed test available is a quickest and cost-free speed test that is Run the test by going to the speed test browser page. Check to see if you are seeing a fast network speed. By performing specific actions, you may also test the upload and download speeds. Learn more by reading the remaining stages
- On the platforms, stream videos, and music.
- Your device’s software should be updated.
- Add documents or folders to your drive or the cloud.
- Your gadgets should be used for online data transfer.
- To do the test, use several tools and settings.
Resolving Tips For Linksys RE6300 Setup
Here are some short ideas for troubleshooting the difficulties if you experience any errors while using the Linksys extender:
- During configuration, the distance between the extender and router should be as short as possible. The extension can then be moved after maintaining the limit.
- Check to see if your internet and router are operating normally.
- Regularly check the extender’s antennaes and LED indicators.
- When necessary, reset the extension.
- Hold down the reset button for 20 seconds while waiting for the LED to begin blinking.
- Then repeat the setup procedure.
We hope that you will get the solution to your doubts. After reading this article, if you are facing any errors or you are experiencing any issues, then you can discuss them with us.